Why Study in Italy?
Universities in Italy were founded in the 12th century making them the oldest in the Western world. The reorganisation of the Italian education system originated the new concept of University institutions across the rest of Europe. With its strong historical aura, breath taking sites and diverse natural landscape Italy is sure to provide international students an enriching cultural experience. The fields of design, architecture, fashion, applied sciences and arts lie at the forefront of Italy’s domain of higher education.
Italy offers a wide range of courses where students have the option of pursuing degree programmes or certificate programmes that can be studied online, through distance learning or facilitated through classrooms at academic institutions across the country. Italy has top rated programmes, professors and facilities that enables students to find professional success. Due to these and more reasons students are opting to study in Italy.
Top Universities in Italy
Whether one is seeking to enrol in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD degree or a summer study abroad programme, Italian universities and colleges offer a wide range of courses that will fit ones educational needs and personal expectations.
The tuition fees of Italian university and colleges are amongst the most economical for both domestic and international students. There are over 30,000 international students studying a vast range of courses in more than 85 educational institutions. University of Bologna is considered to be the first higher education institution of its kind in the developed world, dating back to 1088, and it was there that the word ‘university’ was coined.
Some of the top universities in Italy also feature in the World Ranking lists.
- Sapienza University of Rome
- SDA Bocconi
- Università degli Studi di Milano
- University of Bologna
- University of Milano-Bicocca
- Business, Mathematics, Sciences, Design and Fashion, constitute some of the most popular courses in Italy.
Over the last few decades, the proportion of the Italian population over retirement age has more than doubled. Birth rates are low and life expectancy is going up leading to fewer new entrants into the workforce across the board. Italy, and indeed, most European countries will have to depend on the outside world to make up the skill shortages. These could be in the area of hospitality, healthcare, business and technology.
|Job Category||Salary in Euros/year|
|Fashion and apparel||51,996 EUR|
|Health and Medicine||66,804 EUR|
- Average and Median Monthly Salary Comparison in Italy:
- Maximum: 15,000 EUR
- Average: 3,204 EUR
- Median: 2,500 EUR
- Minimum: 800 EUR
Education Cost for Studying in Italy
If you are thinking of studying in Italy, it is important that you are aware of education costs in Italy. As compared to other countries, the cost of higher education in Italy is not that high. Take a look at the Italy education costs given below to get an idea
- Tuition Fee (EUR €)
- Undergraduate:12,000-15,000 EUR per annum
- Postgraduate: 15,000-20,000 per annum/li>
- Living Expenses (EUR €): 8,040 EUR per annum (approx).
Scholarships to Study in Italy
- Main intake: September/ October
- The actual start and finish dates of degree programmes in Italy vary in every university, but each academic semester lasts for roughly 20 weeks, made up of a 14-week teaching period and a 6-week examination period.
- Source: Higher Education in Italy
- Students considering Italy are recommended to begin the application procedure 8-12 months prior to the intake. Scholarship deadlines vary amongst institutions. In order to capitalise on the available Italy scholarships, we advise you to walk into ‘Sahasra Overseas’ Global Education Offices as early as possible. Contact us and we will provide you complete information on the Italy scholarship process.
Admission Process for Study in Italy
To be assured of obtaining the best quality advice about the opportunities available for studying in Italy, students should register with Sahasra Overseas. After registration all students will be carefully guided through a number of key stages, maximising their chances of getting admission in the institutions of their choice. This is how we, at Sahasra Overseas, work on the Italy admissions process.
- You register with Sahasra Overseas and be assured of obtaining the best quality advice.
- We make an assessment of academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
- Standardised Tests
- We evaluate the requirement of any standardised tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
- University/Course Selectio
- Together, we shortlist potential countries, universities and courses that match your profile.
- Document Editing
- We edit essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
- Application Review and Submission
- The completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
- Interview Preparation
- We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
- Visa Counselling
- We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
- Pre-Departure Information
- We deliver comprehensive information about the country of choice to ensure that you are completely prepared for life at an overseas university.Contact us to know more about the Italy admissions process.
Student Visa for Italy from India
Here is a list of documents required for Italy:
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
- Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
- Two academic references
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Draft for application fees, if applicable
- Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture Courses)
- Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
- The documents required for Italy for individual universities and individual courses may vary.
Exams for Studying in Italy
Students have to pass one or more additional tests before they can be considered by most universities for admission. These range from the standardised graduate and college admission tests such as GRE, GMAT and SAT to English Language tests, such as TOEFL and IELTS. Sahasra Overseas offers high quality Test Prep programmes throughout India. Through its high-tech, state of the art teaching centres strategically located throughout the country it offers students preparatory training on the full range of admissions tests that universities need. Contact Sahasra Overseas today for detailed information relating to the tests that may be needed for admission in Italy.